Good evening panda families! We had a really short week due to the severe weather. But we still had so many wonderful moments to celebrate!
1. On Monday, we ran the second round MobyMax raffle selection! And the winner is......Makayla 白美乐! Look at how excited they are!
2. In science this week, we explored how to measure mass. We compared different items on the balance and noticed the importance of using a standard unit.
3. In math this week, we learned how to partition different items into halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, ninths, and tenths in small groups. Then we did a museum walk to see others' work and then complete the math worksheet.
4. Another exciting event last week was the PBIS party! Students enjoyed snacks, played snowball tossing, marshmallow building, and spoon balancing! More pictures available here: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-p548-U70AeGc4Y2HrWudPld1e7FamC-?usp=sharing
Reminders for the upcoming week:
1. Panda class will perform the song 猪之歌 on Friday assembly. Please practice the song at home if available: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LioXVETVxug
2. Parent Volunteers Needed! We recently used grant money to provide every teacher with a reading corner. This means that every teacher now has new shelving, flexible seating and a carpet. We are in need of parents to come in and put together bookcases. Each bookcase will take anywhere from1.5hrs-3hrs. Volunteers can do this project anytime from 7:45am-6pm. Please reach out to Ms. Maher if you are able to help!
3. Math learning schedule: Module 5 Lesson 6 (Monday), Lesson 7 (Tuesday), Lesson 8 (Wednesday), Lesson 9 (Thursday) and Lesson 10 (Friday). Please finish the lesson at home according to the schedule if you will be absent. A very useful website which including each lesson's short video, conceptual learning, and homework guide: embarc.online/course/view.php?id=40
Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Chinese New Year!