Good evening panda friends! Here are some wonderful learning moments of last week:
1. In math, we practiced equivalent fractions by making paper strips. Students worked in groups and named their equivalent fractions and then did a museum walk of other groups work.
2. The second graders really enjoy our new reading corner! We are working on building their reading stamina and they achieved 22 minutes this week!
3. This week's golden turtle goes to Kayden! In March, we are looking for students who are principled. Kayden did a great job taking others' suggestions and being responsible of his own choices.
Reminders for the upcoming week:
1. PBIS Noodle Party - Friday March 15th
2. I sent an email about 2019 Ohio K-12 Chinese Speech & Essay Contest on Friday with detailed instructions. Please reach out to me if you decide to participate so we can get started.
3. Math learning schedule: Module 5 Lesson 27 (Monday), Lesson 28 (Tuesday), Lesson 29 (Wednesday), Lesson 30 (Thursday) and End-of-Module Assessment (Friday). Please finish the lesson at home according to the schedule if you will be absent. A very useful website which including each lesson's short video, conceptual learning, and homework guide: embarc.online/course/view.php?id=40
Let me know if you have any questions!