Good evening panda friends! Last week is a very busy week, we had our February Chinese story time program, vocabulary parade, and the Chinese New Year Celebration! Let's take a quick look through these pictures:
1. On Tuesday, we had Yufei Laoshi from Chinese Story Program visited panda class! She brought the story "A deer of nine colors" and played some games with students:
2. On Friday assembly, all third graders performed a song altogether:
And the vocabulary parade started later in the morning! Look at how excited and proud they were:
Students did a great job understanding their words, making a poster, and demonstrating it in a fun way! Awesome job everybody!
They also got a chance to pick two books to bring home after the parade. Power reading!!!
3. The busy Friday ended with our Chinese New Year celebration! We enjoyed the performances by every class and also some fun activities/snacks. Thank you for parents who volunteered to make the event happened!
Reminders for the upcoming week:
1. Feb 27-Field trip to the West Side Market. Please return the parent permission before Tuesday Feb 26.
2. We are running out of classroom snacks. If you could bring one or two snacks to share that will be wonderful! I would recommend party size snacks like animal crackers, cheese balls, pretzel sticks etc so that I can pass a small portion each time.
3. On Friday March 1st, we will have our Black History Month celebration. 2nd and 3rd grade will perform about three African American women in business area and their influence.
4. Math learning schedule: Module 5 Lesson 18 (Monday), Lesson 19 (Tuesday), Lesson 20 (Thursday) and Lesson 21 (Friday). Please finish the lesson at home according to the schedule if you will be absent. A very useful website which including each lesson's short video, conceptual learning, and homework guide: embarc.online/course/view.php?id=40
Let me know if you have any questions!