Good evening panda friends! Here are some highlights of the past week:
1. Our project on DonorsChoose.org got fully funded!!! Thank you everyone for donating/passing along the info. We appreciate your help!! Look at the beautiful new carpet we got!!!
2. We started our first science notebook entry: How do we measure distance. We reviewed how we measure our own desk by using half straw and also how we create a ruler on a rolling tape paper.
3. This week's golden turtle we are looking for a student being reflective and the winner is Emma!! She always looks back on her learning, notices some limits and tries methods that is more effective! Good job!
4. I'm so excited to share this with you! Within our second grade Mandarin time, Friday is their small group performance to do a book role play. They team-worked all week for ten minutes each day and every Friday they perform! Check out Harrison/Charlie/Kardi/Matt group this week for the book 几个大虫 (How many worms?)
Reminders for the upcoming week:
1. Math learning schedule: Module 3 Lesson 6 (Monday), Lesson 7 (Tuesday), Lesson 8 (Wednesday), Lesson 9 (Thursday) and Lesson 10 (Friday). Please finish the lesson at home according to the schedule if you will be absent. A very useful website which including each lesson's short video, conceptual learning, and homework guide: embarc.online/course/view.php?id=40
2. Panda class will perform a song 谢谢 (thank you) on next week's Friday assembly. Please play this song when you have the access!
3. GALA gives back: please bring your canned or non-perishable food items into the school from now until Nov. 17th.
Let me know if you have any questions! Have a wonderful night!