Good evening panda friends! Things to celebrate last week:
1. This week still we practiced multiplication facts through a game-Factor Freeze: students roll the dice twice and determine two factors, then they figure out the product. Whoever completes all products win the game!
2. It's great to see students' cereal box projects! They designed the box, put prizes inside, and some of them even created games! Amazing!
3. This week's Friday Chinese story performance, my 2nd graders did two stories: 我们可以坐哪里 (Where can we sit?) and 男生跟女生是朋友 (Boys and girls are friends). Check it out:
4. This week's golden turtle goes to Maddie! She is open-minded to take teacher's suggestions, respect other students' opinions when they are sharing! Good job!
Reminders for the upcoming week:
1. On Monday (12/10), we will have a videographer at GALA to film video clips. Please have your child dressed in a GALA t-shirt or sweater to show their school pride.
2. Panda class will be testing NWEA Map test on Tuesday (Reading) and Wednesday (Math).
3. Penguin Patch is opened on Thursday (12/13) and Friday (12/14). Detailed info sent in a separate email from PFA.
4. All library books are due back before winter break. Please send them with your child the week of December 17th on the day they go to the library. This is important so that we can properly inventory the books.
5. Math learning schedule: Module 3 end of module assessment (Monday), Module 4 Lesson 1 (Tuesday), Lesson 2 (Wednesday), Lesson 3 (Thursday) and Lesson 4 (Friday). Please finish the lesson at home according to the schedule if you will be absent. A very useful website which including each lesson's short video, conceptual learning, and homework guide: embarc.online/course/view.php?id=40
Let me know if you have any questions! Have a wonderful night!