Good evening panda friends! There are so many wonderful moments last week all through Monday to Friday: Chinese Mid Autumn Festival, Library Chinese story time, fun frog yoga jump, and the field trip to the Art Museum.
1. On Monday, we celebrated the traditional Chinese festival-Mid Autumn festival. We watched the fairy tale 后羿射日 (Houyi shoots the sun)/嫦娥奔月(Chang'E flying to the moon), and read a book about the moon. Also, we observed the phases of the moon and made our own Oreo moon phases!
Quizlet vocab for Mid-Autumn Festival: quizlet.com/318986207/mid-autumn-festival-flash-cards/
2. On Tuesday, we had Yufei Laoshi from Cleveland Public Library (CPL) Chinese story time program coming to pandas and enjoyed the book reading 曹冲称象 (Cao Chong weighed an elephant). The story is about a smart boy Cao Chong weighed an elephant in ancient China without the scale. They made boat crafts after the story.
3. During the 2nd grade mandarin center, after we read a book 筷子 (Chopsticks), we practiced how to use chopsticks picking up Pom pom!
4. On Thursday Yoga class, I recorded a fun frog jump :)
5. This week's golden turtle is Lukas!!! He is such a wonderful inquirer that asks so many questions in all subjects, and also helps other classmates understand some hard concepts! Great job!
6. On Friday, we had our first field trip this school year! We went to Cleveland Art Museum and saw wonderful art pieces! There are so many pictures that all teachers and chaperones shared in the Google drive: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o-PHeSB8cTy551ETDqQSxxl41LhSXt0n?usp=sharing
Reminders for the upcoming week:
1. On Thursday Oct 4th, we will have our first family conference. If you haven't signed up a time slot for each teacher (homeroom, ELA, art), please sign up here:
Huang Laoshi: www.signupgenius.com/go/409084ba4af2ba2f85-20181004
Ms Maher: www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f44aba82ca0f49-23english
Mrs. Wischhusen: www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e48a4a82fa6f58-2018
2. Thursday Oct 4th (No school-teachers' PD/conference), Friday Oct 5th (No school-starting Fall break, no school on Oct 8 and 9, school resumes at Wednesday Oct 10th)
3. Math learning schedule: Module 2 Lesson 5 (Monday), Lesson 6 (Tuesday), and Lesson 7 (Wednesday). Please finish the lesson at home according to the schedule if you will be absent. A very useful website which including each lesson's short video, conceptual learning, and homework guide: embarc.online/course/view.php?id=40
Let me know if you have any questions! Have a wonderful night!